Saturday, December 09, 2006

Kitty , Ged, Graham & Pex


Early this week I arrived home to find the light on the phone flashing alerting me to a message. I picked up the phone and was delighted to hear “Hi Pex this is Allison’s Mom please call me”.
I called her back and she asked me if I would take her to visit some friends this week. As you know Allison is “Little Ears” AKA Getz Gears.
I arrived at Andrews Lodge and she was waiting for me looking as pretty as a picture. Getz has been dead since April 1970 and was one of my boy hood friends.
We went down to North River Road to where Graham and Alan “Ged” Burke are living.
We arrived at 1:30 and stayed until 5pm.
Kitty lost her husband Getz’s Father when she was 35 and raised the three kids alone. She shared with us how kind the Burke Family were to her over the years. She also lost Allison in 1970, and Heather a few years later. Live has not been easy for her but she has not lost the joy of living.
I took along my Laptop and we looked over this Blog reminiscing about growing up in Parkdale.
She shared some heartaches with us and lots of laughs. We told her stories about Getz and the fun we had. I have a few letters from him in my trunk that I will share with her. I received the last letter from him on the Friday he died, he was coming home from his basic training and was telling me all the things we were going to do.
Graham had a stroke a few years ago so he is not able to go out to visit so Kitty came in to see him.
We laughed and cried as we told stories. This was a special day.

2 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
This blog is a good for my English study.

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry i haven't been talking to you or setting anything up on my blog ! My computer is not set up!!! nice blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home